Quarterly Cloud Forecast
The Quarterly Cloud Forecast is sponsored by L3C to help solution providers and integrators address key market trends
Highlights from the 4th QCF held at The Maze, 17 th September 2015.
Jerry Crossfield (L3C). Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome to the 16 attendees and Guest speakers and introduction to this evening’s theme of Social Selling
- How $90bn of outsourcing contracts are up for renewal 2016-20 in Western Europe yet only 40% are expected to remain with the incumbent. Trend for smaller deals with multiple providers supporting the main Integrator.
- L3C Plan to launch an I Series (aka AS/400) solution to complement our System Z (mainframe), Intel, Unix, Linux enterprise cloud to provide a complete solution to our partners and CSIs
- How Oracle DB consolidation on System Z/Linux is gaining further traction as clients are achieving up to 12:1 Oracle DB license savings.
- How IBM has launched the LinuxOne mainframe and the Open Mainframe Project (of which L3C are founder members) to drive further development of solutions on z/Linux
Simon Porter (VP Mid-Market Europe). Why and How Social Media
- Simon shared his personal experience as a senior sales executive in IBM on the use of social media and social selling
- How he not only has gained over 50,000 Twitter followers (with a KLOUT rating of 79) but how he interacts on a daily basis to generate discussions and opportunities with potential clients.
- Use of automated tooling but also the importance of making time each day and personal interaction
Tim Hughes (Oracle and the Social Selling Lounge)
- Tim explained the 5 stones of social selling
- How major companies and now including a candidate’s social media profile into their hiring decisions.
- Shared examples of how social selling has and is working in practice
The next Quarterly Cloud Forecast is planned for 19 th November 2015